Friday, May 25

waiting...

well, it's been pretty busy the last few weeks. tony finally graduated!!! (technically he walked and got his diploma cover with nothing in it, but still.) one week of class left and he's done with classes for a l--o--n--g time. YEA!


my parents came in town for tony's graduation/mother's day/help me with jonah while tony was in MI. it was good to see them again and have jonah to get to know them better. we had fun. tony was in MI most of the time they were here for his friend's (joel h.) wedding. he got back in town just in time for lunch on mother's day. we went to a place we've been quite a few times before, but it turned out they were having a special brunch (which we didn't know until we sat down) and it was pretty pricey. we still had fun, though. tony got an ipod for graduation. he was really surprised. i was so glad! he absolutely loves it. of course, now he tries to come to bed with his ipod on, headphones in ears. that's what i get i guess! :)
we had an interview with the pastor from a church in venice, FL. we thought it went well, but he decided to bring someone else for a second interview. crap....right on the beach, 3 bedroom house and utilities completely taken care of, great church, right on the beach (oops, already said that). anyway...it didn't work out. BUT, we had a phone interview last saturday with the pastor from a church in lilburn, GA. we're still waiting to hear back on that one. it's a perfect location (although not on the beach) and i know the pastor and his wife from nashville. from what little we know, i think it would be a great place to serve. i'm trying not to get my hopes up though. in fact, after our last 2 interviews, i'm almost expecting not to be asked to come. maybe that's bad of me, but it's true. better to be surprised than disappointed i guess.

the last few weeks i've really felt "released", i guess you could say, from kansas city and everything here. work and church are the 2 things that i'll really miss, but things have been changing at both places and i just feel like it's my time to move on. i'm not going to be in a hurry though. i'm trying to be patient. i know it may be months before we find a church where we feel we need to be. i just hope it's not that long! i hate feeling like i'm in transition. i've kind of felt that way since i moved out here, but more so now. so...it's hard, but i'm trusting and i know everything will work out in the end.

and i will leave you with the cutest mohawked baby boy you'll ever see...

4 comments:

Brian said...

teph,
I just wanted to tell you that i read your blog and feel like I am somehwat keeping up on your life through it. I realized, though, that I've never told you I read it! I enjoy sharing your journey with you. Brian misses Tony like crazy lately.

I love seeing Jonah...and I will love singing your worship songs when you get to writing them. I'm on the worship team at our church so I've got a little pull! I have some pictures posted on facebook if you want to see the kids.

Love,
beth

Brian said...

sorry about the missing 'S' !!!

Anonymous said...

Jonah look like his smelling something stinky in the picture with your parents. It makes me laugh everytime I see it!

Matthew said...

Tell Tony I say congratulations! I go to bed with my ipod, too. Oh crap! I just spilled wine all over my brand new copy of Das Kapital. That's what I get for being a poseur Marxist. Anyway, we miss you guys.