Wednesday, July 4

independence day

happy 4th to everyone. i'm currently waiting for jonah to wake up and lori to get here so we can go to the royals game. while i wait, i'm sitting here watching the rain POUR down from behind our big glass door. sad day...it's supposed to thunderstorm off and on all night. i have little hope of anything different judging from the current conditions.
dang it...fireworks and cooking out are all i have left of the 4th celebrations. growing up, we always had some sort of party for my brother, brian. it's his birthday. (happy birthday oldie olderson) so the 4th was always a family day. since i've been in kansas city, i always get a little sad on independence day because it reminds me how much i miss my family. so fireworks and cooking out are all that's left and i'm not sure if we'll get either of those today. at least tony is off work and lori is still coming over. we'll celebrate even if we're stuck in our crappy apartment all night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL! If you didn't want to talk to me you should have just said so. ;) Listen, I"m going to FL tonight, so have fun and just say no!

Danica said...

I hope the fireworks at the Royals game did not disappoint. I was missing the fireworks up here in Canada and ended up watching some on youtube. It's just not the same! We did grill, though, so not all was lost. :)